Please help me! Stress, Distractions, Memory!

More
2 months 3 days ago #22453 by Fathima Nifka
Hello Doctor,

I am a new member of this via isr... It is really useful and great one.
Doctor I would like to ask some questions...
1)How to study without any distractions?
2)How to increase memory power and concentrate on studies?
3)How to remember a chapter?
4)I feel I am in stress and tention about exam. Give me any advices?
5)And How can we faced the problems in study times?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sameera2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #22460 by Dr. Afdhaal
Hello Nifka,

How are you? Hope you are doing fine! I'll give 

1) How to study without any distractions?
Well, this world always distracts you. From your mobile phone to your surrounding will keep on distracting you. Unfortunately, most of us don't have the discipline to keep us away from distractions. This is true for me as well.

So to be focused there are two options, either to get rid of the distractions or to be disciplined with the distractions. The first option is the best option in my opinion. We can easily get rid of most of the distractions. For example, you can uninstall all the social media apps from your phone or put an app lock on the social media apps. By doing so you can get rid of the distractions from social media. When you are studying, you can keep your mobile phone away for several hours and only use it during your breaks.

When I was a student I was too distracted by noise. So I had to find a solution. Read this!

2) How to increase memory power and concentrate on your studies?
Forgetting is a gift from God. Though we never think it in such a way, that is the truth. But if we understand how memory works, then we can overcome the forgetting curve. Look at the following forgetting graph.

Blue - If you study something only once, then with time you are going to forget everything.
With every repetition, i.e every time you study it again for exams or via questions, you start to retain more.
You see, in the 4th repetition, you are almost not forgetting the material for a very long time.

3). How to remember a chapter?
You can't remember the whole chapter. But you can remember the important areas from the chapter. That's why you do questions. Everytime you do questions, you recall and revise the important areas.

4), I feel I am stressed about exams. Give me any advice?
Don't worry. Getting stressed out is really common. But what I would advise is to practice timing from the beginning. Most students are brilliant students who will ace the exams. But since they haven't practiced timing with an exam mindset, they lose.

If you have any follow-up questions, please be kind enough to post below.

Regards

Studying is easy when you do it correctly! I'm a student of cognitive science and I love exploring how learning works! I created this website to share my study strategies to help fellow students overcome their problems!
Attachments:
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Sameera2021

More
    1 month 1 week ago #22467 by Fathima Nifka
    Hello Doctor,
    This is really useful to me and improve my study level... Thank you so much for your guidence... it's really motivate me more more doctor... I am Thankful to you... I will follow your instructions and I will do my best. And I will turn my dream in to reallity... I have this energy by your words...
    Thank You!!

More
    1 month 1 week ago #22469 by Dr. Afdhaal
    Hello Nifka,

I'm really happy that I'm able to help you! :)

Regards

Studying is easy when you do it correctly! I'm a student of cognitive science and I love exploring how learning works! I created this website to share my study strategies to help fellow students overcome their problems!

More
    1 month 1 week ago #22471 by Sameera2021
    It's very useful.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds